Achieving a gluten free diet is just like any other diet - the effort and commitment you put into it, ultimately determines your success. Sometimes what bars us from success is just simply a lack of handy resources or knowledge to adhere to diets on-the-fly. I find that full gluten free meals are easy to find everywhere you go but what about the snacks?
Lucky for you, I have compiled a list of 11 gluten free snacks that are delicious, and yes, CRUNCHABLE as well!
1. The classic carrots, cucumbers, and celery
2. Apples - they do double duty by giving you that crunch and they keep your doctors away!
3. Rice crackers and cheese which are awesome to have at happy hour or at night.
4. Popped water lily seeds - okay, we admit, it's a shameless plug but this superfood does the job!
5. Grapes - they are just crunchable enough to make this list!
6. Rice cakes with peanut butter or hummus spread - a personal favourite of mine!
7. Popcorn - this classic movie snack is also a great gluten free snack as well.
8. Tortilla chips with salsa or guacamole - and yes I know what you're thinking: thank goodness we have something to munch on during the "big game".
9. A jar of pickles - admittedly an entire jar is probably not a serving size recommendation but that never stopped us anyways!
10. Pineapple - does it belong on gluten free pizza? Sound off in the comment section below!
11. Zucchini - depending on how you prepare it, zucchini can be an awesome crunchable snack or take on a different texture.
12. Gluten free cookies - probably not the healthiest option of the bunch, but you deserve them once in a while!
13. Broccoli or cauliflower with gluten free dip
14. Fruit salad - why not combine all of the fruits I mentioned earlier for a super crunchable gluten free snack?
15. Kale chips - Kale chips are both very healthy for you, and they crunch just like the regular chips we know and love.